Paris: The City of Love

Paris: The City of Love
L'arc de Triomphe

Saturday, January 8, 2011

A snapshot of Paris

While I was abroad, I took 13 rolls worth of pictures (yes, we used film). Unfortunately, British Airlines lost half of my luggage on the way back. That bag contained many items: souvenirs, my mother's wedding ring that she snuck into my bags on the way to Paris, and all of the photographic memories that I had yet to enjoy. Though I was devastated to loose all of those precious things, this video helps me reminisce about my experiences in this beautiful city. My Aunt Lynn and Memere were able to come and visit during my stay. We ended their stay with a boat ride on the Seine River during which we heard the song in the video above. My Memere cried throughout the song as she sang because it was a lifelong dream of hers to make it to Paris. Having been away from this beautiful city for nearly ten years, I now understand the emotions that my Memere experienced.

No comments:

Post a Comment